Quality policy with regard to information provided during canvassing or prospecting for the purpose of promoting medicines
As a pharmaceutical company, we provide healthcare professionals with medicines that offer effective, appropriate treatment for patients, in strict compliance with regulations, while showing respect for people and the environment.
In accordance with the requirements in France’s Charter on Information Provided During Canvassing or Prospecting for the Purpose of Promoting Medicines, we are committed to delivering high-quality medical information to healthcare professionals and to promote drugs, supported or not by health insurance organizations, by promoting the proper use.
Any activity (promotion of medicines, medical devices, cosmetic products, etc.) to health professionals conducted by our medical representatives is subject to compliance with the rules of ethics defined by the Company.
The principles of the quality approach defined to meet these objectives are as follows:
- Provide healthcare professionals with effective products with a well established tolerance profile for optimal management of their patients'pathologies.
- Deliver quality information to healthcare professionals via:
- A medical information service in charge of answering their questions using scientific evidence, clear and objective and in compliance with French ethics and regulations,
- Promotional information provided by medical representatives who are continuously trained in the proper use of medicines and comply with the ethical rules of their profession.
- Ensure the availability of Laboratoires Expanscience products by implementing the necessary means.
- Guarantee the safety of patients by contributing in particular to the handling of claims and cases of pharmacovigilance.
- Continually improve the quality system, notably through the implementation of internal audits, the implementation of an annual training plan for employees, the monitoring of quality indicators dedicated to this activity and the operational objectives set for each team concerned.
We undertake to respect the Information Charter by canvassing or prospecting aimed at the promotion of medicines and to dedicate the human and technical means necessary to guarantee the success of this process.
The steering system is based on a Quality Management System, involving the Management Committee. It engages all employees through regular communication and a multidisciplinary steering committee.
For 10 years, driven by a desire to constantly improve our practices, we maintain our certification around this promotional information activity.